Sunday, January 11, 2015

Levin Piano Lab

Levin Piano Lab







I consider teaching music as an opportunity to inspire and empower. As a music teacher, my primary pedagogical roles are to help students understand music, learn how to practice efficiently and know what to look for in a musical work, learn how to search for and construct a complete answer and understanding of music as we work through the piece. My goal is to stimulate active learning. I would like students to develop their own personal ideas of musical work, and be able to perform convincingly and passionately.
Independent thought is essential to the development of each student. My philosophy of teaching is based on helping students to develop their critical thinking skills, by creating a positive learning environment where intellectual diversity is respected and promoted. I believe in fostering self-instruction, formulating questions rather than answers and establishing high expectations. My objective as a teacher is to motivate students toward a level of independence where they develop a desire to learn and think for themselves.
Learning is a complex process. As a teacher, I work to be flexible, adapting my approaches according to the students’ needs. I am passionate about finding the most effective ways of stimulating and sustaining intellectual growth. While students must ultimately take responsibility for their own learning, a teacher can often inspire their desire to learn. In my view, teaching is not only about instructing or imparting information to students, but also empowering students to take responsibility for their learning, cultivating curiosity and clarifying values.

Person of Contact: Oleg Levin

No comments:

Post a Comment